Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nutella and Marshmallow Brownie Bites


It's that time of the year folks, that time of the year! Every year, I cave and get a jar of Nutella from the grocery store. I only indulge rarely, mostly due to the fact that the jars rarely make it more than a couple days in my pantry. Because, really, is there anything better than a little spoonful of Nutella (or two, or three?)? Well, these little treats might be the next best thing. I had as a mission to put this jar of gooey chocolate hazelnut goodness to good use before it was gone in smoke. So here you are, Nutella bites! These are incredibly, incredibly easy to make - they literally take minutes- and only require 4 ingredients. The marshmallow is optional of course but it makes for a fun touch - perfect for kids and an added touch of gooeyness in the center of each Nutella brownie bite.

I also wanted to announce the winner of the ThinkFood cookbook contest! The free copy of this brain-healthy cookbook goes to Megan at Foodalution. Congratulations!

Nutella and Marshmallow Brownie Bites

Makes 12 mini brownies
Adapted from Savory Sweet Life

1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
12 mini marshmallows

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners. Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full). Place a marshmallow in the center of each brownie and gently press down with your finger so you can only see the tip of each marshmallow.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in the brownie part of each bite comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.

27 comments:

Megan @ Foodalution said...

Thank you again! And I will have to show this recipe to my daughter.... anytime she can, she is sneaking into the Nutella Jar! - Megan

Torviewtoronto said...

brownies look delicious

Lyndsay Wells said...

These look so good!!! I`m looking for some new and updated treats for Christmas and these will fit the bill. Saving for the holidays - thankyou for posting a wonderful recipe.

CC11 said...

I am exactly the same! I recently had my Nutella cave-in on our trip to France, it lasted us two days...

I can't believe how simple this recipe is! They look so adorably tasty :)

Jennifer said...

I love nutella, these are so simple yet look SO good!!

Katie said...

Mmm look yummy. I love how few ingredients they use - I think I have everything in the cupboards now!

Claudia said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Mirtilla from http://pasticciepastrocchi.blogspot.com/ ! I've just discovered your beautiful blog and I like soooo much this recipie! I love nutella.. I can't stop eating it! ANd this cakes look delicious!

Adriana said...

super yum! i totally should try this!

Prerna@IndianSimmer said...

Oh wow, What decadent looking brownies! Love Love Love it :-)

naomi said...

I love this recipe. Nutella is my new found love, so this recipe is moving to the top of the to-make list.

LKPheartsfood said...

Are you kidding me? Is this for REAL? This had better not be some cosmic joke. ;) I have all 4 ingredients at home right now and I MUST MAKE THESE!!!

delphcotecuisine said...

oh my god! this recipe is so delicious

thank for sharing
Delphine from France

gfs said...

omgosh these look like the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack and SO simple I can't believe it! Am going to try them with Gluten Free Flour and see how they go! Thanks!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Jas. : Let me know how they turn out!

Unknown said...

Brownie bites look so so yummy....cute and perfect they look

Maria said...

Love your photos! I am making these stat!

test it comm said...

Those look good! Nice way to enjoy some nutella!

Joudie's Mood Food said...

How sinful! :)

ch said...

I'm bookmarking this. As soon as I get a jar, I'm making this! I have to wait a little while though, I had a Nutella fix about a week ago(went through the jar in two days, with a little help from my son)
Thanks for sharing!

Pam @ Cooking World said...

Nutella brownie bites looks great, specially one in red cup! I have not cooked much with Nutella before, so this gives me an incentive to do it.

Maria said...

These look dangerously good!

kujoton said...

These are incredible! I went to visit my brother today and made them for him and his lady- i cut little holes in the center to fill with more nutella and then topped them with the marshmallows and popped them in the oven for another couple minutes for super melty nutella and perfectly toasted marshmallows. i'm making another batch as we speak! thank you so much.

Chocolate Shavings said...

kujoton: I'm glad you enjoyed them! They're so incredibly easy to make, aern't they?

Anna said...

You girl...you really know how to make me drool. I sooooo need of those right now. lol

dining tables said...

I am now in my kitchen and I am planning to make some. I still need some ingredients to buy. I am so excited for this.

Anonymous said...

That was probably the most easiest and most delightful thing I've ever done in my life. Thank you for the awesome recipe!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Anonymous: I'm glad you liked them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin