Monday, January 23, 2012

2011's Favourite Eats

2011 marks the year I got my very first iPhone. Before that, I was getting by with a fridge of a phone and, to tell you the truth, I was quite happy about it. I liked how little I was dependent on that type of technology and the fat numbers on the phone made me, more often than not, think twice before texting a friend. One of the things that really drove the change was being able to easily take pictures, everywhere, at any time. I have always been a very visual person - which in part explains me starting this blog years ago, while still a college student. Although, I love my camera it's just not feasible to always have it on me. My phone, on the other hand, is always accessible. I've been visually recording most of the delicious eats I've been trying since moving to Toronto a handful of months ago and these pictures remind me of every perfect bite. These are some of my favourite Toronto eats from Fall 2011 taken thanks to Instagram.

Lemon tarts at the Brick Street Bakery in the Distillery.
Brunch at Aunties and Uncles.


Brunch at School in Liberty Village.
Beets at the St Lawrence Market.
Mint cupcake in Leslieville.





7 comments:

Amalia said...

I wish I had a phone that takes pictures as good as these! Those lemon tarts look amazing and so does that sandwich! Great photos :)

Chocolate Shavings said...

Amalia: Thank you - it was all pretty perfect!

Deana Sidney said...

Those photos make me think of my iphone in a whole new way... spectacular snaps.

Jen Melo said...

Lovely photos, Jen. Welcome to the iphone and Instagram family. It's lovely here. Find me on Instagram at justjenm.
J:)

Juanita said...

How pretty are those lemon tartlets - like little works of edible art.

TinaRBK said...

These were taken with a IPhone!? Pretty amazing photos as well as delicious food. Well done and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cakebrain said...

I hear you...I have taken to "foodspotting" (great app) everything I eat! and Camera+ is so cool too!
nice pictures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin