Sunday, April 21, 2013

Outdoor Entertaining Essentials

Although it snowed a little in Toronto yesterday (snowed!) I'm in full planning mode to setup my balcony for the warmer months. Last year, we planted tomatoes and a bounty of herbs -- and these will be making a full comeback this year! I'm also thinking of adding an array of succulents and pastel roses to the mix, I couldn't imagine not having this outdoor oasis --- it really adds to the vacation feel of a space.

My indoor hues revolve around greys, yellows and soft whites, but my outdoor decor is where the colours come to play. I'm loving patterned plates for a whimsical outdoor atmosphere, and some pastel-coloured cutlery. Paper straws are also a must for outdoorsy drinks, as is a bright and cherry carafe. Vibrant blues, playful mints and sunshine yellows are on my mind -- here are my favourites so far!

{1} Glazed Terracotta Salad Plate, West Elm {2} Foiled Dot Napkin Set, Anthropologie {3}Striped Paper Straws, Etsy {4} Ice cream Scoop, Ikea {5} Ikat Dot Napkin, West Elm {6}Ostron Flatware, Ikea {7} Melamine Plates, West Elm {8} Green Vintage Carafe, Indigo

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Love posts like this...full of ideas. Isn't Anthropologie fun? Always find something there. The carafe is really pretty, too.
Hope spring is on it's way to you!

La Table De Nana said...

Snowed here also..Oy..
Love the Indigo carafe..I bought pretty straws too:)
If you would like a small long blooming rose that is quite hardy..The Fairy..I love it.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Pretty items! I love those colors. So joyful and fresh.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Very pretty and perfect for warmer weather entertaining!

ALLIE NYC said...

oooo I want to come to your party!

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin